Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Came Early

Today was such a wonderful day! I had a feeling I was going to have a little luck today when I found a huge ladybug in our living room. And boy was I right. At around 2:30pm I was told by my podiatrist that my foot has healed perfectly, and so perfectly that you couldn't even tell on the xrays that I had ever had a stress fracture. He went on to tell me that I should be careful with all the running I like to do given the specialness of my feet and the pressure points I have on the bottoms of my feet, and that as I get older I will be more prone to injuries and the heeling process will be even longer if I keep treating my feet the way I do. But the best news of all is when I asked if I had to keep wearing Clementine (I thought I should name her given the fact that we've become such good friends)and he said "No!" I was so excited that I almost jumped out of my chair to hug him. It was such great news. I know the walker boot doesn't seem like that big of deal to wear, but for me it was a real struggle to be limited in areas of my life. It caused some tears to flow, and then they would flow even harder when I would come to my senses and realize that I had nothing to cry about given that the boot WAS only temporary, and that things could be a lot worse. Clementine and I had a good run together, but I think for now we must part ways, and I'm okay with that.

No comments: