Sunday, May 30, 2010

Double Vision

The other day I had a random thought about being blind. I asked Blake if he thought it would be easier to cope with being blind if 1. You were born with the condition and never knew what you were missing your whole life? or 2. If you had been able to see most of your life and then your sight was suddenly gone? We agreed that there were both pros and cons to both options, and that we were very grateful for our sight. A few days later I was putting in my contacts as usual and after I had put them in, my eyes were completely blurry. I figured it was because the contacts were to wet from the contact solution and it would take a second for the fluid to dissipate and then they would be fine. Well the fluid did dissipate and they were still blurry. I thought back for a second on the conversation Blake and I had a few days prior about being blind, and thought maybe that random question came into my head because it was to prepare me for this day. I know far fetched right?!! After realizing nothing was changing with the blurry eyes situation I decided to take out the contact lenses to see if there was some film on the lenses that would be making them blurry. As I took them out I realized the funniest thing.....I could still see perfectly without the contact lenses in (If I don't have contacts or my glasses on I can see shapes, but everything for the most part is blurry). That's when I realized the stupid and still mind boggling mistake as to what caused my blurred eyes...I had two pairs of contact lenses in each eye! Apparently I forgot to throw away my old set of contacts that were in my cleaning case and I also fell asleep with my new set of contacts still in my eyes, so in the morning I already had contacts in my eyes and decided to add the old pair in the cleaning case to my eyes as well. I must have been really tired that morning to not even realize that I could see so well before I added my second pair of contacts into my eyes.

2 comments:

Charitons said...

Umm Sheena I was laughing so hard when I read this. Glad you figured it out and it sure made me miss you : ) I'll try to finally call you back a morning this week when you are driving to work.

shaunie said...

Thanks for a good story! It's good to know I'm not the only one doing similar things. :) If you are still going private, my email address is shaunie.cluff@gmail.com