Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Lesson In Patience

We've had Lucy now for almost a week. It has been a trying time, but also such a fun time. We're so in love with her! One of the things I struggle with most in life is patience and having Lucy has most definitely tested that. I know she's a puppy, but for me when I tell her "NO" and give her a little swat to confirm that, I would think she would catch on right away. No one wants to get there nose or bottom swatted, right?!! For Lucy it doesn't work quite like that. Last night was the first night in a few that I didn't cry as I was going to sleep. As I would lay down I would think about the day with Lucy and all the things I could have done differently and how tired I felt having her now in my life. Thinking those things would make me sad and then I would start to cry. In the morning when I come down and see her looking at with me with excitement for the day it makes it all worth it. Now if only we could get her to go to the bathroom on command life we be perfect.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy!!! Who would have ever thought that a puppy would behave better on a camping trip than a child. She's such a good puppy.

Ashley and Brent said...

Nice Feet!!