Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Lucy




I know, I know she's only a dog, but a very special one to me. She turned "1" a few weeks ago, and got to go camping with the boy scouts for her birthday weekend. We got Lucy when she was 3 months old, and it has gone by so fast. It's hard to remember the simple life we had before her. No one else to think about or take care of besides ourselves. She does shed hair on our clothes, smell sometimes, require a lot of attention and physical activity, and does ruin some of our things, but I wouldn't trade her for anything. Lucy has taught me to be more easy going in the cleanliness of our home, patience, and the ability to care for someone else besides myself and Blake. She also filled such a huge hole that I had in my life from the difficulty of getting pregnant. To me she isn't just a dog, she's a part of my family.

No comments: