Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Nursery in Progress....



Life never seems to slow down. Blake and I have given ourselves the names of "weekend warriors." It's like a mad dash to get all the errands done on Saturday, in order to relax on Sunday. Our latest project is the nursery. Blake's been busy refinishing a rocker we bought so he's constantly out in the garage sanding, staining, and restaining to get the color just right. I've been painting, and buying stuff to decorate the room. I don't know how many times I've visited Pottery Barn Kids, but I think going there every weekend for the past 2 months has made me appreciate ordering things online more. Here is the nursery so far. The only things left to add are the rocking chair once it's done, and I have some leaves to make to put on the tree. By the way I painted that tree instead of buying the decals. It was a lot easier than I had anticipated.

5 comments:

Hillary said...

Wow! I love your nursery. Its so cute. She's one lucky girl!

Momma G. said...

Just adorable!!! That tree is so cute with the little birds and birdhouses! Great job Picasso!!! Can't wait for Hannah to get here!

Meg said...

It looks so good! That is a lot of work!!! Can't wait to the finished rocker too!

Dan said...

this looks great!!! add a picture of uncle dan somewhere on the family tree in the background please.

shaunie said...

I love what you did for the nursery! The painted tree is awesome!