Monday, October 6, 2008

26.2 or BUST!

We did it! We finished the St. George marathon without walking, without any broken bones, without any pulled muscles, without bathroom catastrophes, and without too many tears. It was so much fun....well it seemed like more of a chore at the time, but we really enjoyed it and can't wait to run another! Blake, my mother in law, and I all stayed together for the entire course of the race. Mikell was a champion and went on her own half way through. She did awesome and finished in the time she was hoping for. Blake and I wanted to finish sometime before 5 hours. We figured since this race was our first we would take it easy, and the next time we would try to finish in a faster time. Blake and I were both surprised with how much easier it was then we anticipated. I think we both psyched ourselves out quite a bit. The worst part of the entire race was the weather. It has only rained twice now in the history of the St. George marathon. I didn't wear a hat because I thought it would be hot by the end of the race, boy was I mistaken. Because I had nothing to block the rain I was drenched from head to toe; literally. It made part of the race a little chilly, but we pressed on.

We have tatoos with a little man and a 26.2 underneath him. We thought they were cool!

This is us after the race-freezing cold and anxious to take a shower!

3 comments:

The Two of Us said...

That is sooo awesome!!!! You are crazy:) You two look like you are doing so good! How are you!

Kari said...

You guys are amazing! How long did you train for?

Anonymous said...

Yay! I loved the part of the race that mom said Blake was pushing on her back up the hill so that she didn't stop. That makes me laugh everytime I think about it. Sorry you were freezing so much of the time. Even though it was hot two years ago, the morning was brisk and I couldn't feel my hands up to my elbows for the first 3 miles. I was sure I had frostbite. Good job you two!