Saturday, September 27, 2008

We're Back!

We're back from our cruise! We had such a FABULOUS time in San Diego, Catalina, and Ensenada. Last Sunday we left Provo for the long journey to Los Angeles where we stayed one night in a hotel, and then were able to board the Monarch of the Seas ship on Monday. Each day on the ship we would port so that you could go on tours or your own sightseeing adventure, then in the evening the ship would deport and head to the next location. On Wednesday morning we arrived in Catalina, California- which was our favorite place. We actually got to go jet skiing in the ocean! It came with a price, but it was well worth it. There were 6 of us in our group that Blake worked with this past summer that all went out on 3 jet skis. I never really thought riding a jet ski in the ocean would be that different than riding one in a lake, but I was pleasantly surprised. In the ocean there are so many swells without even trying to find them. Plus the salt water is much more harsh when it whips you in the face. By the time our one hour of riding was over, we were tired. We were hoping to see some dolphins, marlins, or sea lions while out jet skiing, but I think they were scared of our crazy driving. We did however see a few sea lions on our way back to the ship that day, and I was lucky enough to see a dolphin the next day in Ensenada when I pulled back the curtains in our room. Mexico was crazy, as usual. Blake had never been and I think he got talked into looking at everyone's stuff they were selling. We warned him about the kids with the Chicklets and jewelry so that he didn't get sucked into buying stuff from each one that approached him. So here we are, Blake and I, on this vacation and guess what souvenirs we came home with.....2 postcards, but a lot of fun memories! The one thing that I was repeatedly reminded of this past week was how thankful I am to have what I have in my life. There were so many people we came in contact with on our trip, whether on the ship or at the ports, that struggle through life a lot more than we do. Blake and I are truly blessed!



This statue we saw in San Diego by all the old Navy Ships-I loved this!


Our Royal Carribean cruise ship-Monarch of the Seas


This was our formal night dinner on the cruise ship


Catalina Island, California


Ensenada, Mexico

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous!

Kari said...

That cruise looks so fun! I'm totally jealuos, so glad you guys have a blog!