Monday, September 8, 2008

What we've been up to lately!

We had the chance to go white water rafting with my family for a weekend in June close to Leavenworth, Washington. It was really COLD, but we still managed to get a sunburn out on the water.

There were a ton of blackberries near our apartment in Oregon. We made it a Sunday ritual to pick them after church during the month of August.


I turned the ripe age of "27" this summer. Blake made me my favorite cake; rainbow chip cake with matching frosting. You can't see it in the picture but I ate some of the backside of this cake the day before my birthday. I was home all alone with the cake.....and let's just say the cake lost the battle.

Blake bought me this Camelbak for my birthday. He was so cute and actually showed it to me a few weeks before my birthday. He couldn't wait for me to have it.

As most of you know, Blake and I were in Portland, Oregon all summer. We really enjoyed our stay there. Now the reality of another semester of school has reared it's ugly head. We are back in Provo, and Blake is already elbows deep in reading and homework. I finally start work this week, which I am looking forward to. Anything to get me out of the kitchen..I've been experimenting with new recipes. All of the things I've made so far have turned out great, but then we have to eat all the stuff I've made and that's not so good. Blake, Mikell and I ran the Spanish Fork half marathon this past weekend. I came in dead last out of the 3 of us! Mikell beat my time by almost 30 minutes. She runs like Blake- like a gazelle; while I'm huffing and puffing the whole way to the finish line. We had fun, but it makes me a little more scared to run the St. George marathon in 3 weeks. As I crossed the finish line after running for 2 hours and 14 minutes straight the thought of running an additional 13.1 miles seemed like excruciating pain. Above are some pictures of what we were up to this summer, ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happeeeeeeee you have a blog!

Jane Durham said...

i was glad to see your link on heidi's blog! welcome to blog land. happy birthday! cute pics.