Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude List

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I have been thinking a lot about the things I'm grateful for. Here are a few I've been thinking about lately (in no particular order):

1. My calling in Church. I have been serving as the second counselor in the Young Women's Presidency now for about 4 months. I love working with all the young women, and I feel like I'm finally getting to know all of them so well. They have such sweet spirits and every time I come home from an activity or church my heart has somehow been touched. It's so nice to feel like you make a difference in others lives, and I think my Beehives make a difference in my life as well.

2. My husband, Blake. He is the most caring, hard working, honest person I know. It's not always easy to be around me and still love me as much as he does. I'm fairly stubborn, and so is Blake, but no matter who's right or wrong, he's usually the first to apologize. I want to say "sorry" but I'm not nearly as humble as he is when it comes to being wrong.

3. Our dog, Lucy. I know for most people she's only a dog, but to me she's part of the family. Blake and I have wanted to have kids for quite some time now, and haven't been blessed with the opportunity yet. She fills that void that I sometimes feel. Although she doesn't always listen, and she sheds a lot of hair on my clothes, she is such a sweet dog.

4. My family. No matter what, they've always been there for me. It's so great being married too because you get to have 2 families. My parents have always told me from day one that I married into such a great family. It didn't take my parents telling me that to believe it, but every time I'm with Blake's family it reminds me of how lucky I am to have them in my life.

5. My job. Although there are several mornings I wish I could stay home, I do really love my job. It's close to home, and it's great to work with such great doctors and employees that make work a fun place.

6. Being a member of the Church. I don't know where I would be today without it in my life. It brings me so much joy and peace. I love learning about new things, and being reminded of things I've already been taught. My 2 favorites phrases to this day are "Come what may and love it" and "Joy in the journey."

I hope as Thanksgiving Day comes that we all can take some time to reflect on the things that we're grateful for.

3 comments:

Charitons said...

Sheena I love you and I sure miss you! Thank you for the gratitude reminder. I've been thinking about my list as well this week, and it is so amazing.

Anonymous said...

I am grateful for you! And I can't wait to come hang out!!!

PS. "Come what may and love it" is our favorite too. That phrase just stuck...I think it has something to do with our song being "Come what may", or that Elder Wirthlin was my favorite apostle and that was my favorite talk, but at any rate, it is such a good quote!!!

Momma G. said...

That was so sweet to read Sheena! We are thankful for many things as well, and one of them is that Blake found you and you are a part of our family! We love you both!