Thursday, February 24, 2011

Paris, France cont'd

Sorry to make our stay in Paris several posts, but I can't post nearly as many pictures as I would like to on one. Other things we saw while in Paris included the Arc de Triumphe which is right in the center of downtown which is called the Champs Elysee, and the Notre Dame Cathedral. It was fun to walk down the Champs Elysee and see all the places to shop. I remember my French teacher in high school talking about that part of town so much, and to finally be able to see it first hand was great. The Seine River is also a large river that runs right down through Paris. Paris was so much fun and Blake and I both agreed it was one of our favorite places we visited on our trip.



This is us on a bridge overlooking the Seine River



The statue of Venus. They don't know who the artist is, but they believe it is of the Greek Goddess of Love, Aphrodite.

3 comments:

Charitons said...

How neat! I remember seeing the Mona Lisa and being startled at how beautiful and interesting it was in person, compared to all the replicas you always see of it. Pretty incredible.

shaunie said...

WOW! What a memorable trip to make!

k and p said...

What an amazing trip! I am so envious!