Monday, October 3, 2011

Neighborly Advice

The other day I was leaving our housing development with Hannah and Lucy for a walk. Usually it's a little bit of a struggle to walk both of them by myself. Lucy is great on her leash, but there are those occasions when she sees another dog and thinks it's time to play. When that happens I'm frantically trying to reign her in, while trying to maintain the BOB so it doesn't get away from me. It's a total disaster to say the least, and I'm sure quite the sight for others watching. My neighbor used to have a boxer and when she would take her dog and daughter for a walk she would loop the dog leash around her waist so she could have both hands on the stroller, and not have to hold onto the leash. I was slightly skeptical when she showed me, but I gave it a try. After trying it once and having success, I still thought it was pure luck. I have now tried it several times, and tonight I even tried it when Lucy and I went for a run. It's pure genius! It keeps Lucy right at my side, and the stroller in control. If you have a dog and want to walk/run with the dog and a stroller I would highly recommend trying this method. It really does work!

1 comment:

cindyb1 said...

Brilliant, my dear. We took the pups to the Sister's place in Lynnwood to bathe them, Tug was fine,no big deal, but Chelsea was ready to jump off the end of the table and commit hari cari with her two attached leads. We have two very pretty pups now...miss you....
Cindy