Sunday, January 15, 2012

Rice Cereal and Sitting Up

Hannah has been eating rice cereal now for 2 weeks. These are some pictures we took from the first time we introduced cereal to her. The pictures tell it all....she thought it was gross. We kept at it and now she loves it and even makes a "yum" sound after each bite. This weekend I was able to introduce one more food to her. We chose bananas and instead of buying baby food I thought I would make my own. I tried to puree the banana, mash it with a fork, mix it with a little apple juice.. you name it she would NOT eat it. It was so funny because she opened her mouth every time I came at her with the spoon but she literally gagged every time she realized what I had put in her mouth. I thought it was maybe the texture she hated more than the flavor itself, so I broke down and bought a jar of baby food and she loved it! She took to it right away, with the "yum" sounds and all.

It's so easy to have Hannah play on her back or in her Bumbo, but lately I've been working with her to try to sit up without any support. She does okay for a little while, but then topples over to the side. I was able to get this really cute picture of her sitting up all by herself, and she even had her adorable mouse hat on.



2 comments:

Momma G. said...

She is soo cute!!! She is getting more and more hair! She is so precious and I love her so much!

Stacie and Jared said...

Cute little girl!! I love that mouse hat on her!