Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Joys of Provo, Utah

Since Blake and I are moving to Seattle next week we've been trying to do all the things in the area that we've wanted to do, but never have. My favorite thing I've been doing almost everyday lately is hiking the Y. The other day I went in the morning before work and it was so quiet and peaceful. I even saw 2 deer while I was up there. Today Blake and I took advantage of the Timpanogos Caves. We were able to meet up with the Chariton's and hike to the caves and then take the cave tour. It was so cool!

So last week I was driving to my last day of work, and I got to thinking about our upcoming move. Isn't it funny how we don't really appreciate the life we have until a change is in store and then we start to count all the great things that we do have in our life?! For instance I've gotten used to Provo and Utah in general, but at times I find myself still thinking that it doesn't feel like home. Now that we're leaving soon, I really think I'm going to miss Utah. I'm going to miss the beautiful mountains, the nice weather, the friendly people, all the fun things to do outside, our family that live in the area, the job that I did have, all of the wonderful friends we've made, and the great, little one bedroom apartment that we live in. On the other hand I am looking forward to moving closer to other family, being able to mountain bike and hike year round, the beautiful ocean, fresh seafood, the new place that Blake and I will live in, our future dog that we're going to get, and the great new job that Blake will have. We're finally moving on to the next stage of our lives. It's exciting, scary, and unknown. We'll keep you posted once when we get to Seattle.

No comments: