Tuesday, June 2, 2009

WE MADE IT

Whether or not we were going to survive the last few weeks wasn't really questionable, but whether or not we would make it in one piece with our sanity in tact was very questionable.

First stop, St. George for Jared and Stacie's wedding. We were able to make there on Friday night and be there all day Saturday for all the festivities. It was a great weekend spending time with Blake's family and being there for Jared and Stacie's wedding. They're perfect for each other, and it's fun to have another addition to the family. (pictures to come)

Then Sunday morning off to Seattle with me driving one car, and Blake driving the Budget truck and pulling the other car. We managed to make it to Seattle on Sunday night/Monday morning. We pulled in I think around 12:30am. It was such a long drive, and by the time we pulled into my parents driveway we were beyond tired.

Blake flew out back to California bright and early Monday morning for more work training, while my mom helped me unpack the dreadful Budget truck and put all of our life belongings into a storage unit. We have so much stuff!

After the last few weeks of craziness Blake and I have decided that we can make it through anything. Over the course of the last few weeks there have been tears shed, sleep deprivation, long drives, eating on the go, living out of a suitcase, and not being mentally there (this has happened A LOT of the times!) We made it though and now the fun is just beginning; this new chapter in our lives has just begun. Stay tuned for more fun.....

2 comments:

Charitons said...

Sheena! I am so glad to know you guys made it safe. Hope all is well and I am so sad I didn't get to come down and say a real goodbye. Oh well, guess that means I just have to go visit you. ;) Obviously I found your blog. Send me your email to jessjean41@gmail.com and I will add you to ours.

Meg said...

Glad you guys made it! We miss you already and are looking forward to a trip to Seattle in the Fall. Now you get a puppy?!