Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Joy In the Journey"

Things are finally starting to normalize in our lives. We're still living with my parents while we search for our own place to live. So in an attempt to familiarize ourselves with the surrounding Seattle areas we ventured out and looked at some homes for sale. After being gone for about 7 hours, and seeing about 5 homes, I came home tired and frustrated. I'm a girl and unfortunately I'm naturally the type of girl that likes new nice things. The downfall to this is I can rationalize why it's such a good idea to buy something nice and new versus something old and not as pretty. In the search for a place to live this isn't the best philosophy to have when you have "champagne taste on a Kmart budget" as my mom likes to call it. After the day we had and feeling really discouraged I decided to finish reading the June Ensign before I went to bed. Of course it had all the answers I needed to have spelled out to me.

2 comments:

Charitons said...

Funny, I just read that Ensign too-- it had so many good articles about putting finances in perspective. I know how frustrating it home shopping is! That's why we still haven't bought anything. But the right thing will come up for you guys and knowing you, you will make it beautiful.

Meg said...

I just read a quote the other day that said something like "You can quickly move into a house but it takes time to make it a home." You guys will find something that is perfect for you and you will make it a great home for your family :) Good luck!