Monday, June 29, 2009

Backyard Campout

Last Friday Blake and I were trying to decide what we could do for date night. We wanted to go camping, but with all our stuff in a storage unit we figured camping would be better to do with a little more notice. So I had the idea to blow up an air mattress, put it outside, and roast marshmallows and watch a movie. Friday night came and at about 9:00pm we still hadn't done our little backyard outing. We figured we'd just do it another night. Until my mom came in our room and told us she had a surprise for us and to not come out of our room until she gave us the okay. When we were finally allowed to come out of our room this is what we found in the backyard.








This is our family dog Sierra who we love and Blake has grown very found of her. Isn't she cute!

My moms so cute. She said that we needed a romantic night together since we've been staying with my parents and haven't had a lot of spare time to do anything fun. It was fun. We watched a funny movie, made some smores, and then came in a went to bed. We were contemplating spending the night outside without a tent, but with the mosquitoes liking me so much Blake thought that I wouldn't have any blood come morning time.

4 comments:

Meg said...

How sweet of your mom! That is a fun date night idea!

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet of your mom to do that! What a fun idea! How is the house hunting coming? I got Blake's phone message tonight. I'll call you guys tomorrow! Miss you!

Momma G. said...

That sounds fun! Your mom is an awesome mom! We are excited to have you over this weekend! Maybe some late night dominoes or WII???

Stacie and Jared said...

That's fun! Haha I've heard so many great stories about Sierra, it's nice to see a picture!