Thursday, July 9, 2009

Let Freedom Ring

This year for the 4th of July weekend Blake and I made our way out to Yakima and the Tri-Cities area. For the 4th we went to Tri-Cities where there was a Gibbons family reunion. It was so fun to see all of Blake's aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins, and there spouses and kids. We spent the day eating, visiting, swimming, playing games, and then we headed down to the river to watch the fireworks. It was really cool watching the fireworks go off from a barge in the Columbia River. The weather was perfect, and the company was great as well. Then that night we traveled back to Yakima with Blake's parents. On Sunday we were able to go to church with Blake's mom and dad, and then spend the afternoon with them before driving back to Enumclaw. It's so nice to be close to family again, and to be able to travel to see them on short weekends. Oh, I almost forgot, on the way to the river to watch the fireworks we made a little pit stop to pick some cherries from the Gibbon's family




We're laughing so hard because Carolyn thought I looked like Aunt Jemima by the way I was holding my cherry bowl on my hip.

No comments: