Monday, June 22, 2009

Mrs. Captain Etc

While Blake and I are living with my parents, I've been taking advantage of this great opportunity to not have a job. It's been quite nice I must say, and I have managed to stay busy throughout it all. Blake likes to call me Captain Etc. This is what I've been up to over the past several weeks......I've been the maid (this includes doing everyone's laundry, having dinner hot and ready by the time people get home from work, basic tiding up of the house), dog walker, weed puller,family indexer, car washer, herbologist (if that's even a thing), errand runner, house hunter, outdoor painter, and stocking sewer (I volunteered to finish sewing 30 stockings to send to missionaries and troops in Iraq for this Christmas). Life has been busy, but fun!


This is a picture of a portion of my parents front yard. Blake and I love how green it is here even though we've had more rain then sun lately. Blake thinks Enumclaw is like a rainforest.


This is the infamous picnic table and benches that I've been working on for about 2 weeks now. They need about 3 coats of pain all over, and I haven't been too successful in squeezing those coats in between the rain storms.


These are my new basil and parsley plants. I've never planted herbs before and I'm so excited for them to grow. They've been getting plenty of water lately, all they need now is some sun.

1 comment:

Momma G. said...

We had a great time last weekend! Thank you for inviting us! Your mom's yard is beautiful! Sheena, sounds like you are keeping pretty busy! You are really great to do all those stockings! That was really a nice thing to do! We love having you and Blake closer! See you soon! We love you guys! Have an awesome week!!!