Friday, August 14, 2009

Great Reads

I think I may be the worlds worst reader. Meaning that I just don't make time to get a good book and finish it within a reasonable amount of time. Blake laughs at the fact that it can seriously take me 6 months to finish a book. I just don't make time to read, and the time I do make is right before bed and then I seem to just get sleepy. This summer since I'm not working I've made it a goal to read one book a month. Last was the first month and I read "The Shack" by WM. Paul Young. My grandpa recommended it to me, and now I'm recommending it to you. This month I'm reading "Always Looking Up; The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist" by Michael J. Fox. I'm almost half way done, and it is REALLY good. I didn't know very much about what he's gone through since he was diagnosed with Parkinson's, and all the remarkable things he's doing for people with this disease. I haven't read his first book "Lucky Man" but I'm guessing it's just as good. Happy Reading!

No comments: