Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Monday was my "28th" birthday! Most years I'm really excited for my birthday and if I had it my way it would more like a week long celebration, rather than just for one day. This year it was a little different for me. Things have been so busy, and I think all of my extra time has been focused on getting ready to move into our house in the fall. I've been extra good about budgeting, and I'm not a huge fan of that word (BUDGET). I don't even like to say it out loud. But since we've moved back to Washington, I've been really careful about how and what we spend our money on. So this year I came up with the idea of no gifts for my birthday. Blake was not happy about that and fought me until the end. So instead of gifts he decided to take the day off from work and spend the day with me doing whatever I wanted. The morning started off by being woken up to Blake giving me his homemade birthday card. Priceless sums up the card! He drew zoo animals on the front with colored pencils and then on the inside he wrote a message on one side and then on the other side were pictures of guys and girls that were cut out of a Kohl's newspaper add, and they were wishing me a Happy Birthday in little conversation bubbles. First stop of the day was a pedicure, which I did allow him to get for me. Who can resist a pedicure! Then off to the Woodland Park Zoo, which was a blast. Then after seeing all of the animals and our picnic lunch at the zoo we headed to the theatre to see "Julie and Julia." I would highly recommend that movie to everyone. It was really cute and it inspired me to want to take cooking lessons. Then back home for poor mans spaghetti. You're probably wondering what the heck that is; I know my parents were when we told them. It's just spaghetti noodles with marinara sauce and then we put some shredded cheddar cheese on top. I don't know how we came up with the name, but it's easy, and it tastes super good. It was a great day all around. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect birthday. Thank you to everyone that called, sent a text, and emailed me to wish me a happy birthday.

3 comments:

Meg said...

I'm so sorry we missed it...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so cute that Blake made you a card with people cut out from a Kohl's ad. Glad you had a good day!

Charitons said...

I am an idiot! I called you the day before and said nothing. Wow I feel like a loser friend. Happy Birthday. I'm glad you have such a sweet husband to take care of you.

Kari said...

Happy Birthday! Glad it was so great!