Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trick Or Treat

It's been forever since I've posted and thought I should catch up starting with Halloween. Blake and I didn't know what to expect as far trick or treaters since we had just moved into our house. We were hoping to have a ton of kids, so many that we would have to make an emergency trip to the store for more candy. Blake even dressed up so he could show his Elvis costume off the the kids. When the doorbell rang it was music to our ears....which we only heard once in the entire night. When we opened the door there were so many kids. I think all the kids in our neighborhood came in a huge herd, and then they were off to the next housing development. It was fun, even if it was for only 10 seconds. Oh, I almost forgot the best part of Halloween night. We had our pumpkins stolen. We had 4 carved pumpkins, 2 large uncarved pumpkins and 4 small pumpkins outside. In the morning all that was left were our 4 small pumpkins, and the tops of the 4 pumpkins that we had carved. All the others were gone!! I was kind of mad and surprised that people actually came down our driveway and stole our uncarved pumpkins. Can you believe that??! Blake thought it was kind of funny since he used to do the same thing to people when he was younger. I guess next year any pumpkin that isn't carved will be put in the garage until the next morning.


It's always fun to carve pumpkins with Blake because he's so creative. I bet you can pick out the one I did with the symmetrical face-boring


For the ward Halloween party I went as Betty Rubble again and Blake was a couch potato


These are some fun treats I made to take to the ward Halloween party

4 comments:

Charitons said...

How cute! I love the pictures of the kitchen. The color is so awesome. Nice work.

Mikell said...

I love the picture of your guys in your costumes. Blake looks more like a hot dog haha, kind of funny! Your treats are awesome! I love the little mummies.

Momma G. said...

Those look like fun treats! I'll bet they disappeared quick! Looks like you had a fun Halloween!

Momma G. said...

Finally got this thing figured out! I was having trouble leaving comments, but was entering my user name wrong...