Friday, January 15, 2010

Workin' Girl

Yes, it's true I finally went back to work. I had decided that after the holidays I would start looking for a job and go back to work at least part time. I loved not working, but I was starting to get a little bored and thought I should maybe do a little more with my days then running errands and watching 90210 re-runs. I know I can't help it with the 90210 re-runs. Anyways, I sent out my resume to a few places and a few days later I had a call from one of the places. I wasn't expecting the job search to go as smoothly as it had, so I did end up going back to work a little faster then I had anticipated. This week was my first week. The word that comes to mind to describe my week is hectic. I'm working as a medical assistant in an orthopedic clinic about 30 minutes from our home. It's only about 10 miles away, but with the traffic I have a little commute-nothing bad. I was so excited to accept this job, but I must say that it's very mentally exhausting. I haven't been in school for 5 years, so I feel a little rusty. Did I mention the best part about my job.. I get to wear my scrubs again-yeah!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like you'll be busy!

Meg said...

Congratulations and glad it went so smoothly and quickly for you!

Momma G. said...

Sheena,
It will get better! It seems like every time I start a new job I go home dreaming about it for two or three weeks! Hang in there!

{ Missemmelle } said...

Congratulations on your new job!