Friday, January 15, 2010

Sad Day

Today was a sad day. We had to put down our family dog, Sierra. It was a hard decision, but it was the best thing to do. She was 14 years old, and was having some medical complications that were starting to affect her quality of life. She was truly the best dog that anyone could ever ask for. She would shake with both paws, she knew all basic commands, she would mimic a howl if you started to howl, she snored when she slept (I thought it was cute, Blake thought it was hard to sleep with this summer when we lived with my parents), she loved licorice and bananas, she knew when it was 7:00pm on the dot for her nightly dog treat. She really started to love Blake this past summer. She always got up for breakfast when Blake ate breakfast. Needless to say she always got a little of what Blake was having for breakfast on her breakfast. It became such a ritual that when we moved out my parents had to continue it or she wouldn't eat her food. My favorite thing she did to Blake was when he was packing to go to Spokane for work she actually climbed into his suitcase and laid on top of his clothes. She really was the best dog, and I'm really going to miss her!

How could you not love that face....


3 comments:

Momma G. said...

Oh, Sheena, I'm sorry! I know you loved your dog...I'm thinking of you.
Mom Gibbons

.: Megan :. said...

I'm sorry : ( I know how you feel. We had to put our family dog down a few years ago, too. But families are forever...even family pets!

Anonymous said...

That is sad. My mom might feel sorry for you, but she had no heart when she put Festus down. ;)