Monday, October 19, 2009

Home At Last

We're officially in our new home. The moving extravaganza began on Thursday when we closed on our house. Blake and I decided that when we went to pick up the keys we'd load up our cars and take over what would fit in them-not much, but it was still fun. Then the big moving started on Friday. Blake and some faithful helpers from church helped load up the Budget truck and off we went to Bothell to unload our belongings. After this weekend of packing, unpacking, organizing, hanging pictures and curtains I can say that we are about settled. It's funny to look around our house and see how bare it is. Blake and I can yell from the downstairs to the upstairs and it almost echos. I was thinking though as I vacuumed that the less furniture we have the less I have to clean. I'm liking that idea until we gradually start to add to our furniture collection. It feels good to be here and to have our new home. It's weird to think that we don't have a landlord to report problems to. Every time we make a mark on the wall I'm always thinking that it's something that we'll have to touch up before we move out- but move out in the renting sense. My dinosaur computer can't upload pictures from an SD card so I will add pictures of the inside of our home later. Thanks again for everyone that helped with our move to make it go so smoothly. We really appreciate it!

2 comments:

Charitons said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys. It was sure good to hear your voice the other day, I miss you tons.

Scott & Gini Berrett said...

yah! that is soo fun to have your own house! i can only imagine!! congrats! we miss you guys!