Sunday, October 11, 2009

Out with the Old..In with the New

Last weekend we had the opportunity to go to Yakima to spend time with Blake's parents, Mikell, Brandt, and Heidi and her kids. It was so nice to see them! It's been almost 5 months since we saw the Heidi and her kids, and Mikell since they still live in Utah, and it was sad to say goodbye again. Heidi's kids are so funny, and are such a joy to be around. William, the second to the youngest wasn't talking when we moved to Washington, so we made sure every second we could to quiz him of our names so he'll remember us. Hopefully it sticks. Blake and I were called by other aunts and uncles names a few times, which always makes us laugh. We know they remember us, but they have to pretend that they don't, so that they don't show favorites with us-right?!

This week is our big move. We did our walk through last week and that went really well. We're getting excited as the days get closer, but I'm getting a little sad as well. Blake thinks it funny how I'm always so reluctant to move somewhere new, and then after being there for a few months I never want to leave. I've become that way in Enumclaw. I love being here. We've made some great friends in the ward. I love hiking Mt. Peak which is practically in the backyard. I have found the perfect jogging route finally. It's nice to be with my parents when Blake goes out of town for work for a few days. Most of all I've really gotten used to not having a job, but I think that streak is over. When we move since there won't be as much excitement that comes with living with 2 other people I think boredom will set in. Oh the good old days.....they will be missed. On the positive side Blake and I will be living by ourselves again and that alone will be wonderful! Also it will be a little slice of heaven to have all of our belongings out of a storage unit. I joke and say that the lady that runs the storage unit must think that we're storing illegal drugs in our unit because I think I'm there almost every other day.

The pictures I've added make me laugh. I told Halle and Cole to smile at the camera and all I got were some scary faces. They are so them though!






Check out how big our driveway is. It's so nice and they did put in some grass, it just wasn't in when this picture was taken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Friday's the big move right? So exciting! Your driveway is awesome...good thing it rarely snows there so you don't have to shovel that thing! Let us know how the move goes.

Mikell said...

hey!! your house is really cute! i love the color! it was really good to see you guys last week...i miss you guys being here in utah! but hopefully we'll see you during christmas! good luck with the move, hope it goes smooooothly!!!
love you guys!

Meg said...

congrats again on the new house and hope the move went well!