Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Remembering the Past

Now that life has settled down a bit since the move I've been taking the opportunity to look into some genealogy on my grandmothers side(my mom's mom). My grandma is this amazing person who put together a book about 15 years ago that has her entire families side of genealogy information typed out. I was going through some our boxes and came across it and decided to start reading it this week. It has so much great information in it, and it's so interesting to read. I've been learning so much, and I can't believe how much work this must have taken. Since I've been reading this book, I've been thinking a lot about my life and where it has taken me. For me I like to think back to right before I met Blake and sift through all those memories first, then I think back further to college life, high school and previous to that. Being in a new area it's easy for me to think about all the places that I've lived. Montana,for me to go to college, Spokane, WA for my job after college, Utah for Blake to finish college, Portland, OR for Blake's summer job, Enumclaw, WA for our little blirp before moving to our home in Bothell, WA. We've moved a lot and had so many wonderful memories in all the places we've lived. When I think back to when I met Blake I think about Spokane, WA the most. Spokane was where I decided to join the LDS Church. Spokane was where I was in my first and only singles ward. I remember sitting next to my great friend Jessica and hearing her sing what became then my favorite hymn "Be Still My Soul." To this day whenever I hear that song it not only brings tears to my eyes because of how beautiful it is, but it also takes me back to when I first heard it. I made so many wonderful friends and memories in the Havana Ward, and I had one of the best bishops- Bishop Black. Now that Blake and I are in Bothell we're so excited to start making memories here. We've already managed to meet some great people in our new ward, found a great jogging route, and discovered a really neat shopping area nearby. It's kind of like a University Village for those of you that have been there, but instead of all the clothing stores this town center has one of a kind shops and restaurants. We're loving our new house and the area, and can't wait for what the future will hold here.

1 comment:

Momma G. said...

That's my favorite song as well! I love that song and I loved this blog! I'm lucky to have such a special daughter-in-law!!!