Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tricks of the Trade

My mother in law filled me in on the best kept secret...how to get your whites really white, as in no armpit stains, or dingy whitish t-shirts from them being old. I must admit I was slightly skeptical at first, but this is genius and it works so well. After I tried it I was so excited that I went searching the house for more whites to beautify. The recipe is:

1 gallon of hot water
1 cup of powdered dishwashing soap
1/2-3/4 cup of bleach

Put the ingredients and your whites into a plastic bucket and soak for 1 hour. Once the hour is up put the clothes and the water the clothes were soaking in, into the washing machine and wash with hot water on the white cycle. Don't add laundry soap to the clothes. I know weird right?, but I'm telling you PURE MAGIC!

1 comment:

Meg said...

I am definitely going to give this a try this week. I looked at my bleach last week when I did a load of whites wondering what the proper way to use it was...thanks for the tip!